Perth Skeptics (PS) events are organised with the aim that everyone has a good time and learns something. We welcome people from all backgrounds (ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age or abilities). We want everyone to feel comfortable and ask that all who attend our events to respect this diversity.
Accordingly, we require all attendees, presenters and organisers at PS events to note and comply with the following Code of Conduct:
● Be polite and respectful. We encourage spirited discussions about all kinds of potentially controversial topics, but always remain courteous.
● Avoid hate speech, vilification or promotion of violence.
● Avoid intimidating or threatening behaviour of any kind—physical or verbal.
● During presentations, avoid being disruptive (e.g. talking to others, calling out questions, heckling, etc.)
● Avoid touching others without the consent of the other person. If unsure, don’t.
Two additional things regarding speakers and presentations:
● Please do not interrupt talks, presentations and panels unless a presenter specifically invites it. When permitted, avoid comments and keep your questions short.
● Most presenters will be available for a chat after their talk, but don’t monopolise them and consider others.
Perth Skeptics reserves the right to exclude entry to or remove any person who breaches this code from the event in question without a refund, and to exclude that person from attending future PS events. We will report illegal conduct to the police.
Have a problem and need help?
Please come and talk to one of our event organisers, or message through Meetup, Facebook or the website. We assure you that your concerns will be taken seriously and treated with respect. Coming forward does not mean you have to make a formal complaint and anything you raise will be kept confidential if you wish.